Creativity brews joy! When Spitfire Audio released Albion Solstice, they also created a short film directed by Lee Kirby called “SELENE“. When they offered an opportunity to artists to rescore the film, I jumped right in and really enjoyed the creative process of bringing my own interepretive vision to this visually stunning film.
I honestly can’t believe how many intruments I brought to bear on this composition, but can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute of it! Well, I did find mixing and mastering a bit tedious, but I really hope you enjoy it! This film was inspired by Albion Solstice, a new (and quite expansive and beautiful) sample library which I was fortunate to use during the composition of this piece. I drew from the Drone Grid, the Hosts, Marauders, the Nursery and Cassette Orchestra. I even had the opportunity to include a patch from the BT Phobos library, too.
A sincere thank you to Spitfire Audio for providing scoring opportunities for the composing community — contests and high-quality films are priceless! I hope you enjoy this short film and my music as much as I did in creating it!
- 8DIO Blendstrument Motion Textures
- 8DIO V8P Super String
- Cherry Audio Memorymode
- Native Instruments Piano Colours
- Silence + Other Sounds Maleventum
- Spitfire Audio Albion Solstice
- Spitfire Audio Bernard Herrmann Composer Toolkit
- Spitfire Audio BT Phobos
- Spitfire Audio Fragile Strings Evolutions
- Waverunner Audio Alder Cello
- Waverunner Audio Synth Atlantic
- Native Instruments Massive X
Leave a comment